Need help with B4 and B4A forms

GCBy2010

Registered Users (C)
Please help with B4 and B4A forms:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/formspubs/topics/immigrating-e.html

1. B4 Personal Effects Accounting Document

2. B4A Personal Effects Accounting Document (list of goods imported)

In item 1 above, there are only 8 lines for description of goods. What is this form ? Also it has 4 categories below, should I be choosing "SETTLER" if landing for the first time. But it also says "entering canada for residence for a period in excess of 12 months". (I will be returning in a week back to USA)

Is item 2 to be filled for both goods I am carrying now and for goods that will be imported later ? Also, it says "List of goods to follow" on the top. Do I have to check mark this for the ones that follow and uncheck for the ones I am carrying right now ?

I am in the same confusion. please let me know if you know any information. I am plannin on landing in the 3rd week of Jan 2007.

GCBy2010 said:
Please help with B4 and B4A forms:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/formspubs/topics/immigrating-e.html

1. B4 Personal Effects Accounting Document

2. B4A Personal Effects Accounting Document (list of goods imported)

In item 1 above, there are only 8 lines for description of goods. What is this form ? Also it has 4 categories below, should I be choosing "SETTLER" if landing for the first time. But it also says "entering canada for residence for a period in excess of 12 months". (I will be returning in a week back to USA)

Is item 2 to be filled for both goods I am carrying now and for goods that will be imported later ? Also, it says "List of goods to follow" on the top. Do I have to check mark this for the ones that follow and uncheck for the ones I am carrying right now ?

Check settler ( if confused - ask customs officer on border )

Fill up B4 Form with only automobile/car details which you 'll be importing later such as vin # , make color etc. also give your personal details in b4 form - No stuff etc. should appear in b4 form if you are going only for a week and bringing everything back.

Rest all should come in b4a form ( goods to follow )

There are printable b4 and b4a forms available on this forum - i recommend use those or else if you have adobe writer you can do this yourself

Make 3-4 copies of these filled in form -

This has been extensively discussed earlier Try to search for my previous post by clicking on my id Most of your queries have been answered

Last edited by a moderator: