Need Help with Asylum Retraction / Withdrawal

carlgustavjung

Registered Users (C)
Greetings,

I wonder if someone can help me with my asylum retraction/withdrawal. After applying in Jan 2003, I just received notice for finger printing. During that period my employer has agreed to sponsor me for Employment Based Permanent Residency and I've started the process last month. I decided to withdraw my asylum application. Does anyone know the process to withdraw an asylum application? Thanks for your attention.

Originally posted by carlgustavjung
Greetings,

I wonder if someone can help me with my asylum retraction/withdrawal. After applying in Jan 2003, I just received notice for finger printing. During that period my employer has agreed to sponsor me for Employment Based Permanent Residency and I've started the process last month. I decided to withdraw my asylum application. Does anyone know the process to withdraw an asylum application? Thanks for your attention.

I would strongly suggest pursue both petitions.It`s not a crime that you do so.

Thanks for the input.
The problem is my job will require me to travel abroad which is I understand is impossible with asylum status. So again, does anyone know how to retract asylum application? I haven't even done my fingerprint yet, so it is still very early in the process.

You can withdraw by sending a letter (certified mail, return receipt) to the appropriate asylum office.

You CAN certainly travel on the basis of APPROVED asylum status.

On what legal basis are you working now? (EAD, HIB)

I would also suggest keeping both applications alive for the time being. Employment based application takes a long time. What if something happens?

Gilbert, thanks for your insight.
I have H1B visa right now, and my field of work is in public health research with lots of collaboration with european countries. I am pretty confidence with my permanent recidency application since I work in an academic institution and am doing public health research.
Thanks again.