Need Help: urgent

nitti_nscwaiter

Registered Users (C)
I got my 140 approved recently. Now my project got over with the client and got fulltime postion somewhere else. I asked my employer to give me 140 approval notice or copy of it but he refused to give me that. I want to change my employer since I passed 180 days after filing 485. I think I can change employer
Can I change employer without apporval notice of 140?

Please help me.

Thanks

Do you have the I140 receipt number

If you have the I140 receipt number, that should be enough to initiate a FOIA request to get the approval copy from USCIS.
I think you need to inform the USCIS about the change of employer as soon as possible. Make sure your job descriptions and job titles match the labor cerftifications to avoid any issues.

With an approved I140 + 6 months, you should be all set to explore the world of opportunities without any issues. Good luck

Arvind_I140 said:
If you have the I140 receipt number, that should be enough to initiate a FOIA request to get the approval copy from USCIS.
I think you need to inform the USCIS about the change of employer as soon as possible. Make sure your job descriptions and job titles match the labor cerftifications to avoid any issues.

With an approved I140 + 6 months, you should be all set to explore the world of opportunities without any issues. Good luck

I dont think you need a copy of 140 per my reading in some threads here. You can use FOIA to get a copy of your 140, but I heard that this will slow your 485 approval as your file has to be taken and put in another line which is meant for photocopying .. If you dont need it, then dont use FOIA to ask for it. You can ref the LIN number for your 140 when writing a letter to USCIS that you are using AC21. Good luck. Come back and let us know how your AC-21 went. In this way we all contribute to help others.