need help,thanks in advance

cincin_waiter

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I had applied for my wife's immigration (I-130) as a spouse of a permanent resident. on July 2002, I will face my interview for citizenship and hopefully, I will become a citizen pretty soon.Is there any way, I can update her case as a spouse of a citizen?
need i file a new i-130 or could i just send a copy of my naturalization certificate.thank you

I can confirm you dont have to file another I130. You can tranfer the case to a higher priority one. Details ? i dunno..

Im also in the same situation. To my understanding the sponsor spouse after citizenship has to write a letter to service center stating the change in the status and also can submit AOS package at the local district along with I130 receipt. The existing I130 application will be upgraded and then forwarded to NSC or district office for further processing as there will be no waiting time to get the visa number.

You can check today's memo from USCIS regarding pending I130 at service centers and submission of AOS package at district office. It is under immigration updates in the home page

Hi Sub 123,
should we really submit AOS package at the local district?
I heard that we only need write a letter to BCIS service center with a copy of naturalization certificate.

To my knowledge AOS package has to go to the local district office for I130 applicants except for couple of district offices where you have to file at the service center. It is upto you whether you want to file the AOS immediately or wait for I130 approval. But if you need EAD and AP it is better to submit the AOS package.