*Need help*sponsoring our dad to canada*

Ajika

Hi,

We have a situation and need your suggestions to sponsor my dad to canada,We lost our mom last month and father is alone there in india.We are all US premanent residents; but not a citizen yet,So we wanted to process him canadian immigration so that he can stay with us for extended time and then visit canada for a period before he can return to US.

He is exactly 60 yrs and what are the ways that we can get him immigrated to canada as quick as possible?

How long does it take to get him immigrated?

He currently holds US vistor visa and he is visting us next month, Is it possible that we can process candian Immigration while he is here in US?Or should he need to go back to India to attend interviews/etc?

Any and all guidances on this matter is much appreciated.

Thanks,
ajika

Are you cdn citizens? I am assuming that you are not. You are obviously not cdn PR since you are a PR of USA. (Correct me if I am wrong). If my statements are true, you will NOT be able to sponsor your dad to Canada.

Even if you are a cdn citizen, you will have to come back to Canada and start living there in order to sponsor your dad.

Ajika said:
Hi,

We have a situation and need your suggestions to sponsor my dad to canada,We lost our mom last month and father is alone there in india.We are all US premanent residents; but not a citizen yet,So we wanted to process him canadian immigration so that he can stay with us for extended time and then visit canada for a period before he can return to US.

He is exactly 60 yrs and what are the ways that we can get him immigrated to canada as quick as possible?

How long does it take to get him immigrated?

He currently holds US vistor visa and he is visting us next month, Is it possible that we can process candian Immigration while he is here in US?Or should he need to go back to India to attend interviews/etc?

Any and all guidances on this matter is much appreciated.

Thanks,
ajika

No , were not Canadian citizens, but I have my uncle (my dads own brother) living in canada and a citizen, would that be a help if my dad gets sponsorship from him to get immigrated to canada?

Ajika said:
No , were not Canadian citizens, but I have my uncle (my dads own brother) living in canada and a citizen, would that be a help if my dad gets sponsorship from him to get immigrated to canada?

See this site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/sponsor/index.html

Normally, person cannot sponsor his adult brothers/sisters, but if your uncle qualifies for the exception given on this page, he may be able to sponsor him as a PR of Canada.

Check this out and you will know if this sponsorship is possible or not.