Need help on N-400 application form

faliqos

Registered Users (C)
Need help on N-400 application form

My application for permanent resident has been approved in 2003, but on the card they back date to the correct date ...in other word the card reads as though i have been approved since 1999.

i was suppose to get my permanent resident back in 1999, but for some strange reason (probably name checking thing) I was only given the card in 2003.

my question now is what do i do with questions like "Since becoming a Lawful Permanent Resident, have you ever ...."

Do i count from the day I was approved (based on the approval letter i received, which is 2003 ) or i should I use the day written on my permanent resident card, which is 1999?

Thanks

Is there a disadvantage in going the extra mile?

I would not know the answer to your question but when I filed my N-400 I "went the extra mile" for example in:
- including the first and last day of a three-day business trip
- including parlking tickets (which are considered against the vehicle, not the driver).

The basic idea is, when in doublt, to comply with the strictest interpretation.

So I wonder whether, in your case, you simply consider listing all relevant information since 1999.

The strategy of McMahon need not be followed by anyone because it is redundant. The guidelines clearly say that a partial day in the US is not to be counted out of the country. Similarly, a parking ticket has nothing to do with the driver since the car was not being driven at that time. I agree it is good to be safe but only when no guideline is available.