Need help ---- Not receiving 485 approval notices

Hpotter

Registered Users (C)
Our 485 got approved on Mar 4th. We have not received the approval notice so far.
We moved to a new place in January. We\'ve notified our attorney about the address change. But, not sure what has happened. It did n\'t get updated in 485 file. We are still receiving mails sent to the previous address. So, I\'m not sure if approval notices were ever sent out or not.
Attorney\'s office is also relocated to another palce. But, seems like, they are also receiving the mails from previous address. They have not received them either.

We called up INS and talked to IIO and changed the address on 13th of Mar.
We talked to IIO couple of days back. He said that we should wait.

Does n\'t seem to get any hope from attorney\'s office.
Has anyone faced/heard similar situaltion? What can be done in this case?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

INS approval notice ...

Specifically informations on the envelope that the mail should not be forwarded. That may be the case, you get the courtesy copy, but the attorney gets the original, since they have change location too, you have not received it at either places, try calling an IIO up, and ask the IIO what needs to be done.
My 2 cents!

question to Hpotter

Hpotter - You called IIO - has IIO confirmed that you have been approved ?

Has attorney received your approval notice

The message on AVM says that in case 14 days have passed and you have not received approval notice please call

It has been more than 14 days hence you should call them - update your new address and ask them to send u the notice again.

Also you could search on this website for messages of \'LAPD\'

I remember he went for stamping without receiving the courtesy copy

The stamping office told him to come back after 3 days because their system was not updated.

You could try to approach the stamping office without your courtesy copy - Maybe you will get stamped

Please update us on what happens.

I keep hearing the same thing about forwarding mails but....

I\'ve never seen "Do not forward" in any of my approval notice envelopes(unless it is different for 485 approval notice). It always says "Return service requested" which means if the addressee can\'t be reached, please return to the sender.