Need Help! LC substitution but date of graduation is different

bharathk

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My company has a vacant LC avialable, which they think can be used for me.

On this LC the candidate has a masters degree in computer science and the year of graduation is 1999. I also have a masters in Computer Science but I completed my course work in 1999 but graduated in 2001. Does this cause a issue when applying for substitution.

Please help !

Thanks,
Bharath.

That should not cause any problem. You should have same qualification (experience and education wise) on the day LC was filed for original applicant.

Hope this helps

The date of degree is not important as long as you satisfied ALL of the requirements stated on the LC when the LC was filed.

More confusion,

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

But the legal representative in my company doesn't think so. The vacant LC was approved for a guy with Masters in Computer Science ( graduated in 1999).

I graduated in 2001 with a Masters in Computer Science.

The rep tells me that since the original LC was approved for a person graduating in 1999 I cant use the LC. SO I am confused.

I can see I fit the profile perfectly but I cant help it as they wont use it for me. I am confused??

Does the DOL check what date the candidate graduated in the case of a LC substitution.

Thanks for your help.

Bharath

You are fine...if...

You are all set as long as you satisfied the requirements (qualification, education, experience/training) as of the date of the filing of the LC. The date of filing is important. Your attorney seems to be stressing on year 1999....Was the LC filed in 1999???
If so, its a problem. If you had the qualifications/experience/education by then, then you are fine.

Good Luck

I certainly cannot argue the point convincingly since I have not seen your resume or the approved LC.

LC filing date.....

They equate the educational qualification and the experience as on the date of filing of the LC.

So, check the filing date and if you have met the requirements on that date, then it is OK.

Raju