Need Help : Laid off

YK_P

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I got laid off last week and termination date will be two weeks from now. Please answer my questions below.

=========================================
RD : Oct.19th,2001
ND : Nov.17th, 2001
WAC-02-042-5****
EAD : will be expired on Feb/26/2003
AP : will be expired on Dec/26/2002

Both EAD and AP are under extension processing now.
- I apply for extension on Oct.28th 2002.
=========================================

First question,
Am I safe to stay in U.S. until EAD is valid(Feb/26/2003) ?
If I get iEAD or extended EAD, is it safe to stay legally in U.S after Feb/26/2003 until Feb/25/2004 (?) ?

Second question,
Can I get iEAD after 90 processing days at local INS without employment information (job) ?
which documents are needed to get iEAD ?
If I get iEAD, is it for one year or shorter than 1-year ?
Is there any limited time frame(30 days or 60 days) to find another job ? If I can't find new job within time frame, what happens ?

Third question,
My RD is close to current JIT processing date now.

1. If my case is approved before Feb/26/03, can I get stamp on my passport at local INS without problem ?

2. If I get RFE from INS requesting current employment information and recent pay stub, how can I handle this ?
- If I don't find a new job within 90 days(time frame for answering RFE), is my case denied or any way to overcome this ?

Thanks for your answers and advice in advance.

Best Regards,
YK_P

:confused:

1) You are safe until the 485 is adjucated.
2) You can remain the US until the 485 is pending.
3) yes you can get iEAD, need only proof of 485 filing and pending...
4) If you do not get any RFE and get approved then you canjust go and get your stamping done. However in there is an RFE then you may need to submit w2/tax-rets/pay-stubs ..so getting a job or atleast a job offer to start froma certain data will be a big insurance.

Check with your company on what they are planning to do ..will they inform the INS/ will they try to withdraw the i-140 / or H1 ( if that applies ).
Ask them to send in your last paycheck a month late..that way you can show a current pay-stub.
ask if they can keep you on unpaid leave of absence for a few weeks and then terminate you.

get a latest employment letter from them saying that as of this date you are working with them..
get every other scrap of paper you can...appointment letters/any other legal docs in your personal file...etc.

best of luck.. luckily for you things could imporve as far as jobs are concered in Jan. and with your 2 weeks deadline you could be in good shape.

tt tt