Need help in appling for Citizenship

tvklovesu

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys,
I have mailed my application form N-400 and supporting document along with the checks to USCIS one week ago. And till now I haven't get any acknowledge from them. Also the checks were not cashed yet. Do any one know how long will it take to get an acknowledgement of application receipt.

Thanks
TVKLOVESU

Find what District Office you belong to. Then search for the "timeline" thread for that office. Read the last month or two of postings. They should give you an idea of what kind of waiting you are in for.

Though the USCIS is *way* faster this year than last year, it's helpful to think in months and years, not in days and weeks. That way, if you get any response, it is a pleasant surprise.

But, no, waiting a week and finding no evidence that they received it is par for the course. That's whay I suggest you send stuff to the USCIS via US postal service "certified mail with return receipt" - you at least get something in your mail in a week.

You'll get something from them in a month or so.

Good luck
(and, post your questions only once)

One week? I think you'll need to wait a bit longer than that.

Agree....one week? Wow! You are super-impatient. :)

Please do not obssess, you are fine at the moment. Hopefully, you are aware that USCIS is very slow in processing immigration benefits. You will need lot more patience in dealing with them.

tvklovesu,

I had submitted N400 to VSC recently and please see my signature below to assess the time that its taking nowadays. As others mentioned, be patient.

Good luck.