Need help for Interview!!

sylee

Registered Users (C)
Could anyone tell me the procedure for my case? I applied I-485 to California service center on August 29, 2001. Since I moved to the Pennsylvania on October 2001, my case has been transferred to the Philadelphia service center jurisdiction on December 2002. I just received an interview schedule on February 19, 2003 through the lawyer.

Is this actually last step for the I-485?
Can I get passport stamped in the interview day or they will issue RFE later?
Does anyone know what the possible questions will be in the interview?

Thanks in advance

Syl105

Questions

The interview questions could range from the weather to questions to verify the basis under thich you have applied for Adjustment of status(family or employment).

You may also be asked to prove that your have not stayed/worked illegally.

Hopefully, and most likely, they will stamp your passport right after the interview. Make sure you bring a recent employment letter and pay stubs with you, just in case the interviewer might want to see them. Other than that, if they have a specific question in mind, the interview letter should have specified it. Of course it is best to ask your lawyer for advice on what things to bring to the interview. Also, you might want to consider asking your lawyer to be with you during the interview, so that your rights are respected during the interview and there is no foul play.

Other than that, I will have to disagree with the person who first replied your message. I do not think anyone can prove "he/she was not illegal". It is like trying to prove that there are no white elephants. You have to explore the face of the earth and also you have to make sure there was none in the past. Then you may claim that "there is no white elephant". Proving there was one, is another matter. You can just show one, and that's it. But then again, it is still absurd to ask someone to show he/she was working illegal, though.

Best of luck! Let us know how the interview turns out.

PS: I am compiling some statistics on Philadelphia Local Office.I believe your case was NIW. When was the exact date of the case transfer to Philadelphia local office in December? and what date did your lawyer receive the interview letter in February?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank Turkish Engineer,

Yes, my case was NIW. The case has been transferred to Philadelphia from California on December 20, 2002. I received the transfer letter from Philadelphia on January 30, 2003 and interview schedule letter for my family was received on February 7 through the lawyer who received the original letter on February 5, 2003.

Thanks,

sylee