Need Help... Domestic Air travel on EAD/H1....

UnitedForFreedom

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus, Anybody has experience in Domestic Air Travel on EAD/H1 after 9/11? Do I have to carry Passport or 485-Notice or H1 approval letter with me?I have two photo id (EAD and License). Just checking coz I don\'t wanna miss my business meeting.

Thanks in advance.

yeap EAD

Actually License is enough but do carry EAD with you ...and if possible your passport. Althugh I haven\'t experienced any problems during the domestic air travel ......
Don\'t worry at all ...
And I guess you must be wearing your suit if you are going on a business trip......you won\'t have problem .....sometimes your outer appearance DOES MATTER !

Driver\'s license is good enough.But gen. a good idea to keep EAD on person.

I travel every week, sometimes 2-3 times a week. Only on driver license. they have never asked for

I travel every week, sometimes 2-3 times a week. Only on driver license. they have never asked for EAD or Passport. Do not worry.

The INA requires any alien to carry his/her alien registration card.

However, nobody is really enforcing it. In the few months after 9/11, all the sudden some INS agents were randomly checking people\'s immigration status at airports. The Ohio attorney general also issued a statement saying that he was going to strictly enforcing the law. But after a while, everybody forgot about it again.

So if you want to be careful, you should carry your I-94 or green card. But I don\'t think the airport checkin will ask for it.

EAD is USELESS

An EAD is 100% useless for proving legal status within the US. That\'s why the cards themselves state that they are not good for re-entry into the US. If you want proof of status, carry your I-94. If it has expired, carry your I-485 receipt. The EAD does nothing - it is perfectly possible to hold an unexpired EAD and being illegally within the US.

Thank you,

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your reply. My air travel was smooth with only driver license. At least I didn’t carry my passport or I-94 or any other immigration related document.

Again thanks for your reply.