Need Help - Deportation Case

bar11749

Hi everyone:

I really need help from you all. While I was in School (98), I was charged by INS and they filed a case Deportation on me (March 98). Because, I can only work 20 hours per week but I work 24 hours each week. They arrested me and keep me in jail for 5 days and got out paying a bond of $5000.00. In 98\' I also graduated from College (June 98), and apply the PT. I was approved and a company offered me a Job as well (Sep 98). They apply for my H1 after four month (Jan 99) and got approved on Apr\'99 for three years. By that time my cas was still on process. I didn\'t informed my current employer about the case that I was involved. Because it is not necessary to let them about it. Around Sep 99, my employer start my GC, Labor (RIR) got approved around June 2000. Before June 2000 my case for Deportation got finalized (March, 24 2000). I took VOLUNTARY DEPARTURE, and got out of this country, went to Canada March 29 2000. Because I already had H-1, I applied H-1 Visa in Toronto and got the stamp. Came back to US with H-1 status Apr\' 05 2000. I came here in US in Student status in Dec 94. As for my voluntary departure condition, I have to leave the US within three month from the a date of hearing, which I did that going to Canada. Not only that I went back home as well around June and got back after July 2000, which is leaving before three months and returning back here after three months. Because INS want be to leave here before June 24, 2000. After I got back from home, my Labor got approved around Aug. 2000 and applyied for I-140 and also got approved by Oct\' 2000. And last process I-485 was filed on Oct\'2000 as well. Currently, my case got transferred to Local INS office in NYC (Dec 2001). Upto now i didn\'t mentioned my employer about what was happened to me before. Is it because I had previous record on INS so that my case got transferred. My previous lawyer says, when u take VOLUNTARY DEPARTURE, and left here in time, I am clean. It should not give any problem at all. I don\'t know what to say. I just did what he wanted me to do. But for my GC, it is going via from my employer, they go through some firm. Am I not be able to get the GC anyway. I am really nervous of what to do. Every month a lawyer from the firm visit our office and we can go discuss with them. Should i go and talk about all these things now or just keep quite until they asked me. My previous lawyer told me not to mentioned anything to my employer so i didn\'t mentioned. I am really nervous of what to do. I know my case is really interesting, but what to do its all about luck and time I went through. please help me! Is there any problem not getting GC? Any info. will be really appreciated.