Need Help ASAP Please!!

kwaru

Registered Users (C)
Upon review of my application I noticed that I unintentionally answered "no" to a question that I was not sure how to respond. The question on the application asks if one has a prior arrest record except for traffic violations. This is the ambiguous part, In 98' I was pulled over for running a stop sign and my tag had expired. In all honesty I had moved and when it came time to renew my insurance, the company sent it to a prior address and I never got a bill.

I did not even have knowledge that the license was suspended, because I was always renewing the insurance once a year. Anyway within an hour of the arrest, I was out of the station and shopping for insurance. I did meet all court requirements and took defensive driving in order to remove any points on the DL. Any and all fees were paid in full. According to the question I understood that the incident qualified as "except traffic violation" and thus my no answer to the question. I do not want the department to think that I intentionally lied. English is my 2nd language and I honestly misunderstood the question.

Please advise as to what is the best thing to do. Should I send the letter of explanation with the RFE that INS sent requesting additional info on some other documents ie medical, fingerprints.. or should I wait until interview.

Thanks so much
KO

hi kwaru
in which state did this happen? (I mean automatic suspension of license because of no insurance)

kwaru said:
Please advise as to what is the best thing to do. Should I send the letter of explanation with the RFE that INS sent requesting additional info on some other documents ie medical, fingerprints.. or should I wait until interview.

Th best thing is to keep quiet and wait. There is point of being proacive in this issue. If UCIS really finds out anything, you will get enough time in interview/RFE.

Need Help Please

What happens when asked if "have you ever been arrested?" what is response? Yes or no?

kwaru said:
What happens when asked if "have you ever been arrested?" what is response? Yes or no?

If you were arrested, then YES. It really does not matter if you were out of police station within a hour.