Need Help - Advance Parole question for my daughter

ral2004

Hello all,

My daughter entered USA (aged 3 years) on a B2 visa valid until Jan 9th, 2004. Applied for B2 visa extension in Dec'2003 (20 days prior). Until June'2004 we had no response from USCIS other than the receipt notice. I filed for her I-485 application based on my citizenship during first week of July'2004. In August'2004 her Advance Parole was approved.

She is scheduled to make a trip out of US during end of Sept'2004. Very recently we received the approval for her earlier B2 visa extension. It has been approved for just a month (from 8/31/2004 - 9/30/2004). She is currently on pending adjustment of status.

Would there be any problems re-entering US after her trip using the approved advance parole document? I am unclear of her status from January'2004 - June'2004 since we only had receipt notice for the sought B2 extension. When this application got approved it was for just the month of September.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

ral2004 said:
Hello all,

My daughter entered USA (aged 3 years) on a B2 visa valid until Jan 9th, 2004. Applied for B2 visa extension in Dec'2003 (20 days prior). Until June'2004 we had no response from USCIS other than the receipt notice. I filed for her I-485 application based on my citizenship during first week of July'2004. In August'2004 her Advance Parole was approved.

She is scheduled to make a trip out of US during end of Sept'2004. Very recently we received the approval for her earlier B2 visa extension. It has been approved for just a month (from 8/31/2004 - 9/30/2004). She is currently on pending adjustment of status.

Would there be any problems re-entering US after her trip using the approved advance parole document? I am unclear of her status from January'2004 - June'2004 since we only had receipt notice for the sought B2 extension. When this application got approved it was for just the month of September.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
With most INS stuff, if you filed in a timely manner, you are OK.

Since her AOS is pending, she is no longer in B2 status -- she should be OK with getting in using AP.

The only other thing that bothers me ... B2 is not a dual intent visa -- she clearly expressed immigrant intent by filing for her AOS..... not sure how it would impact anything ( maybe no impact at all - esp since she is a child ).