NEED FP ADVICE, Please post your comments

Hi guys,

I need advice from people on this forum. I filed my 485 in jun 2003 and was approved in aug 2004, But i filed 485 for my wife and daughter in jan 2004 (they were in india when i filed my 485). NO FP yet. I filed for AP for wife and daghter last month and was approved already. no LUD change on 485. My question is that my wife and daughter are planning to go to india for alteast six months. can i postpone the FP date for six months (if i get it immediately after they leave). Please post if anybody have postponed their finger print dates.

thakns in advance

I got FP notice for wife and self on 11th Sep. I got mine done on 11th sep and asked for postponement for wife as she was in India returning on 19th. In new york you just ask for postponement (you cant ask for a date). On 25th sep we went with lawyer's copy and got it done for her. To my surprise on 25th when we returned home we found the reschedule notice which was basically my old notice with a covering letter which said to come and get FP done within 87 days. As we had done it alreaady we ignored the notice. I do not think that yu can get a 6 month postponement but I would assume 3/4 months to be max.

yeppo