Need EAD or decision soon after I-485 Interview. What now?

pkafir

Registered Users (C)
I interviewed in Newark office on Oct 21, and got my passport stamped after the interview. But my spouse' passport (derivative I-485) wasn't stamped on the grounds that the office hadn't received fingerprinting report from FBI (it wasn't the background/ CIA check that was holding the application, as we were told). The I-94 and EAD were retained, however. We were told that as soon as the report comes in, which could be any day, the approval letter will be sent out, and then we can come back for stamping if we want to (otherwise, just wait for the plastic card).

I called the FBI by telephone, and they told me that the FP report had been sent on Oct 3, the day we'd had our fingerprinting done. How long does it take for the VSC to send the fingerprinting report to the local office (Newark in this case)?

Now my spouse needs to have the passport stamped real soon, or get an EAD. Should we apply for a new EAD or wait for the approval letter? How long has it taken in the past for the approval letter to be posted under similar circumstances? Any ideas?

-p

Wait

for 2 weeks. If it does not come through apply for EAD. If approval comes before EAD approval you can get your money back.