Need do finger print if using AP?

take111111

Registered Users (C)
Is it required to do finger print and take pictures when entering US with AP? Please post your experience if anyone who came to US with AP recently.
Thanks.:)

I entered SFO, 3 weeks ago on AP. Once they look at your AP they will direct you to go for secondary INS. No FP ,No picture as you are 485 applicant and no more H1 or visitor.

One of my friends told that you need to carry both the valid AP's with you while entering.. Is that right? My wife is carrying only the first copy of AP with her and I'm keeping the second copy with me just in case, if the first one is lost..

Please share your experiences while entering on AP?

rkumar1,

You are required to carry BOTH the AP's with you when you enter the country. Sometimes the immigration officers keep one copy and give you the other AFTER stamping it. This is my lawyers constant refrain to me when I travel, "CARRY ALL THE COPIES".

person travelling may/shud carry all AP copies and maintain 4/5 additional zerox copies ,in case someone during transit asks for any copy then zerox copy can be given also you can keep zerox copies rather than original. It happenend to me during transit something just spilled on one original AP copy ,spoiling that paper littilbit and then I had to use another original copy of AP.

carry both copies of AP...

i just entered on AP 4 days ago. No FP, no Photograph. Only doc checks - passport/AP/new I-94. The 1st immigration officer will direct you to the 2nd specialized INS-officer to do these doc checks...

During departure from USA, however, I had to go thru FP/Photograph/doc-checks...

Did any one of you receive 3 copies of Advance Paroles from BCIS ..

I received only 2 copies..

Just checking..

Is it OK to enter US with 2 copies, because I have not received the 3rd copy..

let me know if it is a problem.. It sucks to keep worrying about these little things..

Thanks, man I'm bit relieved..

I'm tired to followup for a 3rd copy.. I guess I will not worry about it then..

rkumar1,

Two is standard, three only if they are single entry (though that might have changed).

Don't sweat it out so much over the AP. You will be surprised how easy your entry into the country is with the AP. All you need to do is carry all the papers given to you by INS/Lawyer and plenty of photo copies, you should be just fine. Don't worry!

even I got 3 copies from INS ,I required only one to show every one at the time of boarding the flight ,transit(Singapore )and at POE . No one asked me how many copies I had . I think it is just routine to and fro. Nothing to worry at all. If any one asks ( offcourse no one asked me except at SFO ) originals of AP you can always insist that you have one copy and you will need that at POE or in future. Even at SFO the INS officer himself made a zerox copy of my AP and did not accpet zerox copy from me neither he asked to retain original copy. It is peaceful . No worry at all. Wish you goodluck.