Need Assistance if L visa can be filed or not

SEOWEBTRIX

Hello All,

Here is my story, please check and see if I can file L visa (or which visa to file) and what are my chances.

As a CEO of a partnership firm, I am running an IT company in Chandigarh, India for more than 3 years. I met with a US citizen on skype and he agreed to start a business in partnership with me in California, USA. Now, what we did is based on his attorney’s advice in California:

My client started a LLC in California in Mar 2015. Based on attorney's suggestions, we registered 2 more corporations: ABC and XYZ acting as partners in LLC. My client is the owner of ABC corp. and I am supposed to be the owner of XYZ (currently, it is registered on the name of the attorney in California – I will get it transferred it on my name when there).
Now, we have a partnership agreement to operate the LLC with client as owner of ABC corp. and me as owner of XYZ corp. to manage the taxation and our shares easily. As per agreement, ABC corp. is going to act as a manager to operate the LLC and XYZ would be responsible for operations here in India. I have all these documents for these ready in my hands.

Now, I applied for B1 visa and in the interview, I explained the same to counselor without knowing that no paperwork is allowed to a B1 visa holder (I guess so). As a result, during the interview, counselor denied my visa saying: We cannot issue B visa but here’s the deal, try for L visa.

Please check and let me know if I can apply for the L visa and what are my chances? If I am not eligible for L visa, which visa should I apply for?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!