Need advise -would greatly appreciate any inputs

Imminf

Registered Users (C)
Like I\'d posted long ago, our case seems to be stuck. Our AP\'s expired and so will our EAD\'s in a few days. CSC, PD Oct\'99, ND Sept \'2000, FP date Feb \'2001. Even though our lawyer applied for the AP and EAD renewal about 4 months ago, we have only got one AP till date. Since we are currently residing in Texas, we went to the INS office here to ask about it only to be met with very rude responses from the IIO who said we would have to go to or write to the calif. center and insisted (probably justifiably) that we talk to her only if we have the receipt for filing the EAD renewal application. Since our lawyer hasn\'t sent it to us, we didn\'t have it.

Unfortunately our lawyer made a big fuss stating lack of time and resources to keep sending receipts to the client, when we had asked for our 485 receipt for our records as well as to check the notice date etc.

Since our fingerprinting was already done, we were advised not to change lawyers, but now since we haven\'t even got the renewed EAD card and nothing seems to be happening about the GC, we\'re very worried about what to do next. We would appreciate suggestions and also input about whether its unwise to switch lawyers at this stage. We have already checked the websites of senators in texas, but since we reside here currently, even though the GC was filed at Calif. processing centre, we\'re not sure which state senators we should be writing to. Thanking you all in advance for any input on the same.

PD: Oct\'99, ND:Sept\'2000, FP :Feb 2001

i have also same situation

1. nd 11/00 ,fp 03/01. on my point of view you must understand very clear- attorney not KOPPERFILD. THIS PERSON who has license,and hi fill out for you applications.this is ALL.HI can,t move cases into ins.
2.if you get first ead and you appliy for second you will get it.second ead take at least 90(WORKING DAY)
3.i sent letterr to senator. ,waiting for answer.
4.if your kids not going to age 21 ,please relaks.
5.1 week ago 0ne guy get approval,hi had nd 9/99.

re: your reply

Thanks for your reply. Although its nice to know that we\'re not the only ones who are waiting for a long time for the GC (our category is EB2 RIR); I wish we really could just relax and wait, but we can\'t cause we might have to go back to India pretty soon, the word \'layoff\' is a pretty ugly word these days. Take care, hope you get your approval soon.