Need advise on H1

jay75

Registered Users (C)
My brother who is in India right now has his H1 stamped through his company and it is valid only till September 2007. He has not entered US so far. So in such a situation can he get his Visa extended(staying at India) or whats the best thing to do so not to lose his H1. Please advise on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
My brother who is in India right now has his H1 stamped through his company and it is valid only till September 2007. He has not entered US so far. So in such a situation can he get his Visa extended or whats the best thing to do so not to lose his H1. Please advise on this.

Your brother can enter the U.S. and get his I-94 till September 2007. His H-1B 'counter' will start on the day he arrives at the U.S. Please note that his employer have to file for an extension before the expiry of the current term. Please ask your brother to discuss with the H-1B sponsoring company about this.

Your brother can enter the U.S. and get his I-94 till September 2007. His H-1B 'counter' will start on the day he arrives at the U.S. Please note that his employer have to file for an extension before the expiry of the current term. Please ask your brother to discuss with the H-1B sponsoring company about this.

Thanks for ur advice. But there is no chance for him to come here till august. Is there any chance for my brother to get his H1 extended without entering U.S. So can he do anything staying back at India?? Or does he need to apply for a new H1 next year??