Need Advise from someone experienced in R & D

Sankum

Registered Users (C)
I have PhD in Pharmaceutics from India. I came to USA 6 years ago on H1B. Subsequently I diverted my career to IT since at that time IT was booming and there were several employers ready to sponsor green card. Now I got green card and consider myself settled in USA. BUT as there is a say that for anything you do you have to pay the price. I paid the price that I left pharmaceutics apart during my journey of 6 years in states. Now, again my mind is started functioning in pharmaceutics direction but I am not getting any opportunity. Can someone advise me what I should do in order to again enter in the field of pharmaceutics or else where in scientific research. Is there any other new area which I can learn and move forward as I am very seriously thinking to get in pharmaceutical or biotechnological areas. Please advise me.

Thank you all in anticipation and regards,
Sankaran Kumaramangalam

Anything related to pharmaceutical or biotechnological related software development

Thanks for the ideas you provided. Since I possess experiences in software quality assurance in US, is there anything I can pursue in order to combine PhD in Pharmaceutics and QA experiences in US.

Sankaran Kumaramangalam

Try IT department of pharmaceuticals.

Try IT dept. All pharmaceutical company has IT dept. so it will be nice combination for you. Though I am not sure how avialable the job is after IT market crashed. Lots of ppl laid off and application for single vacancy may rocket high now.

No Title

Sankum,

You may want to try Biotech companies. They often hire people for Bioinformatics positions. For that you usually have to have background in Biology (research), and proven track of programming experience. I don\'t know if your job in IT involved programming, but it\'s a must.

Anyway, all the best !

WESTAT to which you should send your profile

There are scientific research oriented companies in pharmaceutical, biotechnological areas which may require a combination of expertise which you have. Tell me in which state you are located or in which state you may want to pursue your next job and I will tell you to which company you should target your resume. For example, in Maryland there is WESTAT to which you should send your profile. Should you have any more question, feel free to send me email at jennifer25@canada.com

Thanks Jennifer, I am in Wash, DC

Thank you Jennifer for your generous advise. I am in Washington, DC. Yes, somebody else also told me to send resume to westat. Tell me to what other companies I need to send my resume.

OK, send resume to following TEN companies in DC

OK, send your particulars to (1). IGEN International, (2). SAIC,
(3). Social Scientific, (4). ASPEN Systems, (5). US Pharmacopoeia, (6). Celera Genomics, (7). Gene Logic, (8). HGS-Human Genome Sciences, (9). Quintiles and (10). Covance

AND write to me if you need further assistance.

Thankyou very much Jennifer for all your help

Thank you Jennifer for all your help. I already initiated a task of searching web to find something suitable. I think all the names which you provided to me are relevant to my interests. Many thanks again.

Kind regards,
Sankum