Need Advice!! RFE for Medical.. should my reply include AC21?

karma700

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

Will appreciate your opinion!!

My case details:

WAC-02-114-5XXXX
ND: feb 12, 2002
Changed Company Apr 2003(laid off), DID NOT FILE AC21
2nd FP: Jan 2004
RFE1: Jul 9 2004 for Medical supplement (I-693 supplement)

Logical reasoning suggests that one should reply with what is asked for!!
RFE only asked for Medical suppement form, NOT for EVL etc, so there is no need per se to reply with AC21.

But should I inform about my change of employer usign Ac21 at this stage? Will it be construed as "bad" that I did not at the time of application for citizenship?

Thanks in advance!!

Only give them what they want. If they want additional documents, they will ask for them, if they don't then forget about it.

same rfe for me but i did File Ac21 with it. If everthing is right so whynot tell them. but it is matter of personal preferences.

thanks folks for your advice..

Will consult a lawyer and see what they have to say..

My old lawyer (with old company) is no longer my "active" lawyer. Hence I wanted to consult you gurus here before consulting a new lawyer. Thanks a lot!!

karma700 said:
Will consult a lawyer and see what they have to say..

My old lawyer (with old company) is no longer my "active" lawyer. Hence I wanted to consult you gurus here before consulting a new lawyer. Thanks a lot!!

Faced exactly the same scenario as you described. In my case, My lawyer advised to provide exactly [read *only*] what was asked for. And I did just that. Waiting for apporval.

BTW: RFE for 693 seems to be the latest norm :), was your RFE about anything specific in the 693-supplement ?

-CoolRaj

Last edited by a moderator:
CoolRaj_03.. my RFE for 693 supplement

CoolRaj_03 said:
Faced exactly the same scenario as you described. In my case, My lawyer advised to provide exactly [read *only*] what was asked for. And I did just that. Waiting for apporval.

BTW: RFE for 693 seems to be the latest norm :), was your RFE about anything specific in the 693-supplement ?

-CoolRaj

my RFE for 693 supplement was specific to varicella vaccine. At the time, that vaccine was in shortage :mad: and now its not.. :(

which address to mail RFE?

The RFE notice has instructions to mail to a different address (at the botoom left corner) than the address on the envelope USCIS provided to mail RFE!!

Now which address to mail to? My guess is to mail in the envelope provided (its a special envelope for RFE) and ignore the address on the notice.

Please suggest!!

So, are you providing AC21 info too?
ghost-rider, did you get your approval? How many days did it took from rfe recvd to approval. My Status says RFE issued, waiting to know what it is. nothing heard from lawyer yet, though I informed her that my status changed.

mango, I am not providing AC21 info..

It took my *old* lawyer 8 days to receive RFE..

RFE rcd to RFE approval, from what I guess after searching the forum ranges anywhere from 15 days to 2 months...

rfe was send on 5th june and received by my lawyer on 15th. Replied the rfe on 30th but msg has not changed to rfe received till now either for my case or my wife's case. Do't know whats going on in INS nest.planning to call them this week and send a inquiry telling them its already 30days i had send rfe's.

Quick Question :
Do you have to mail the RFE documents yourself or will the lawyer do it? Which is better ? Timewise, I understand our doing it directly is faster. But which is better ? Does INS have care or have a preference?

I am mailing RFE myself..

mango_pickle said:
Quick Question :
Do you have to mail the RFE documents yourself or will the lawyer do it? Which is better ? Timewise, I understand our doing it directly is faster. But which is better ? Does INS have care or have a preference?

Mail by lawyer is always better. The only reason I am mailing is because its a very simple RFE. They specifically asked for I-693 supplement only which I got from a civil surgeon in a sealed envelope. I will just mail that with a simple cover letter in the RFE envelope provided.

If your case is even slightly complex, use a lawyer!!