Need advice on Spouse RFE ....

satyakolli

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 RD is 03/02.

I am the primary applicant for our green card, and my husband came to US on H4, after he came here he converted to H1. So when we applied to 485, his status is H1. Now he is on EAD. But he got laid off long time ago and he couldn't get the job.

I observed that almost everyone is getting RFE. Does RFE is only for the primary applicant, or is there a possibility that the spouses also get the query.

If he gets the query, we do not have the latest pay stubs, and the last year W2.

Any information is helpful.

don't worry,
I don't think your husband will be asked for paystub
that's for primary applicant only.

Thank you x30.

Does any one know of anybody, who got the RFE for the primary applicant (asking for pay stubs, W2 etc...), but not to the spouse who applied for green card with H1 status.

I got an RFE with the spouse also on H1

it was just for me - paystubs and employment letter.

I dont think there is anything to worry about - the application is for YOU as an employee, not for your husband.

HTH

I am the one

I am primary applicant..
I got an RFE (paystub, emp letter, tax stmt)
My wife is on H1 and we have filed her 485 on follow-to join.
My case is approved.
My wife's case is still pending - no RFE.

Hi phaedrus_1:

Dis you check the status online/phone? Do you have any idea, what happened with her application?

Do you know any cases, where spouses (on H1) getting RFE asking for W2/paystubs etc ...? I saw some postings in this site RFEs asking for medical clarifications.

satyakolli,

I'm the primary applicant. Though my wife has EAD she is not working. RFE was issued for both of us. Employment letter and pay stubs for me and signed medical form I-693 for both of us.

So don't worry too much...

just like for NandhaKumar,

if there is anything for your husband, it will be for things like Medical reports or Marriage Certificates etc.

SHouldn't be about employment-related stuff. nothing to worry about...