Need advice on L2 visa

Kinshuktiwari

I have a valid L1B visa with stamp and my visa is getting expired on march 21st 2020. I am in india currently but unable to get L2 visa stamp for my wife due to visa ban till 31st December.
i want to travel back to US in January with my wife. can i apply for L2 visa for my wife in Jan and come to US? Meanwhile my company will file for extension. could someone please advise on this?

According to this page, the visa ban doesn't apply to your wife, and she should be able to get a visa without needing an exception.

H-4, L-2, and J-2 applicants
  • National interest exceptions are available for those who will accompany or follow to join a principal applicant who is a spouse or parent and who has been granted a national interest exception to P.P. 10052. Note, a national interest exception is not required if the principal applicant is not subject to P.P. 10052 (e.g. if the principal was in the United States on the effective date, June 24, or has a valid visa that the principal will use to seek entry to the United States). In the case of a principal visa applicant who is not subject to P.P. 10052, the derivative will not be subject to the proclamation either.