need advice on I-131 processing. thanks.

wxm146

Registered Users (C)
I mailed my 131 form with 485, 130 on Aug 12, USCIS received them on Aug 14, notice date is Aug 17th.

I find that by Oct 5th, they have processing 131 received on Aug 22nd, and mine was received earlier than that date. Is this normal? Should I call them to ask about this? Does anyone have similar experience to share? maybe someone can help me to understand what's going on with this processing date system? Thanks a lot.

wxm146 said:
I mailed my 131 form with 485, 130 on Aug 12, USCIS received them on Aug 14, notice date is Aug 17th.

I find that by Oct 5th, they have processing 131 received on Aug 22nd, and mine was received earlier than that date. Is this normal? Should I call them to ask about this? Does anyone have similar experience to share? maybe someone can help me to understand what's going on with this processing date system? Thanks a lot.

Yes, it takes 30-90 days for your AP to get processed and approved. If meanwhile you have an emergency and need to travel, you can get an INFOPASS appt, go to your DO, explain the problem and get your AP right away.

I have similar situation, I want to go to india in first week of January and I am pretty sure it if I apply for I-131 right now, i wont get approval in a month. Should I go to the local office and ask for Emergency AP. I am not sure what evidence to give for Emergency. Do they reject Emergency AP? I am located in Los Angeles.
Thanks,

ari4u said:
Yes, it takes 30-90 days for your AP to get processed and approved. If meanwhile you have an emergency and need to travel, you can get an INFOPASS appt, go to your DO, explain the problem and get your AP right away.