Need advice about I-131 for mom (GC holder)

allodds

Registered Users (C)
My mother is a GC holder since Sep 2007.
She left for India in Aug 2008 to be with my father, and stayed there for a few months.
Now, both of them have come back for a 2 month visit.

My mother wants to go back and live in India for 1.5 years.

I have applied for her I-131 Re-entry permit. Her fingerprinting is on 14 July. And their return ticket date is 21 July.

Question(s):
1) How long does it take after the fingerprinting to know the outcome ?
2) Can my mother leave as planned on 21 July, even if the outcome of the I-131 application is unknown ?
3) If she leaves, and the Re-entry permit is denied, then what happens ? Does she forfeit the GC automatically ? Or does she need to return to the US within a few months to keep the GC status ?
4) If the Re-entry permit is denied before she leaves, then what should she do ? Should she appeal the decision, etc ?

Too much confusion right now!
If somebody can respond, I would be grateful.
Thanks.
allodds

few things I know:
1) You can walk in and finish off the Fingerprinting earlier than the scheduled date.
2) In my information: person needs to have re-entry permit in hand before the person leaves USA
3) She should be able to come back within 179 days if re-entry permit is denied.
4) Have you heard of anybody's re-entry permit denied before? on what grounds?
Research on this matter. May be the low % of rejection cases are not reported, only rejected cases first hand information is useful OR attorney.
Let's say god forbids, the re-entry permit is rejected, GC holder still has the privilege of touring out of USA on limited basis. Considering how important it is to have 2 year's time for winding out process, I believe one should be able to appeal USCIS if they reject. Never heard of the rejection though.

few things I know:
1) You can walk in and finish off the Fingerprinting earlier than the scheduled date.
If they will let you. I tried that once and was refused. It's up to their discretion.
2) In my information: person needs to have re-entry permit in hand before the person leaves USA
No, the person can leave the US while it is pending. They only need to be in the US when it is filed, and for the biometrics/fingerprint appointment. There even is a provision to have USCIS send it overseas to a consulate for the individual to collect it.
4) Have you heard of anybody's re-entry permit denied before? on what grounds?
I've read of people who already had two consecutive reentry permits being rejected when applying for the third.