Need a Advice

roshan18

Registered Users (C)
We can do E-filing for Advance payroll and EAD.
Because my layer is charging more money
So want apply for my self.
If we apply our self, is there any problem?
What is the better way to apply, fleeing or send the documents to Nebraska service center?

Thanks in advance…

gr

I applied for EAD renewal using CIS e-file. I tried renewing AP and I ran into some sort of data validation errors on the AP application. I checked the data entered on the form aroun 10 times and could not find any problem. This must have been some logic issue on their system. However, I just filed EAD renewal without renewing the AP.
That was the only problem I had. Other than that if one has all the documents and numbers (A# and SSN) with them , one can finish the whole process within half hour.

REMEMBER TO ENTER THE A# correctly, if you have an A# and remember to SPELL THE NAME CORRECTLY. Do not mix the first and last names. 'First name' is called 'GIVEN name' and 'Last name', i.e. the surname is called 'FAMILY name' in the e-file form.

At the end of the process, you will be given the instructions for the 'Next Steps'. Basically, you would have to call a 1-800 number and schedule an appointment with the local application support center (ACS) for a Finger printing and photographs. I do not know why they want this data again and again, as I have already done my first Finger printing just 4 months ago. I think that was for the 485 security check and this for EAD (shows how screwed the systems are and CIS does not trust the co-ordination of its own systems of different agencies)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
REMEMBER TO PRINT THE CONFIRMATION RECEIPT. If you do not have a printer, save the page and print it later.

ALSO when calling the 1-800 uscis customer service line for scheduling an appointment with the ACS, they will and should give you another number called 'Appointment confirmation number'. Take this number, printed copy of the e-file receipt , Social security card (The ACS I went to checks for the physical card to verify the validity of the social security #) and any document that would have the 'A #' on it.
ONLY AFTER FINISHING THE FP/ Photo will CIS work on the e-filed application. So even if one does the e-file, w/o the FP/ photo, it will sit in some bin w/o anybody looking at it. It is best to not delay the appointment.
Also for people on the road, i.e. travelling during the working week, you can schedule appointments at any local ACS office or CIS district offices. HOWEVER THIS IS SUBJECT to the condition that CIS has not already asked you to appear at a SPECIFIC CENTER. For e.g. if CIS asks the applicant to appear at the Newark office and if you are on the road in California, it is advisable that you not go to the local office in California as this may cause confusion.

And finally, it was bit funny to read 'apply, fleeing or send the document'...I wish we all could flee from this quagmire called CIS ;-)

The rep at the ACS, liked the fact that people r doing the e-file and maybe it was becos it eliminated a 'lawyer' in between...
Hope this helps. All the best.