Nebraska processing time

sea98121

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone, I would like to start a discussion regarding the processing process at Nebraska service cetner on I-140. I saw on the forum that some people have been waiting since 2003 or 2004 but at the same time, other 2005 filers got approved just one or two month.
Are the case got sorted right after they are received? Why some 2005 cases got processed before 2003 or 2004 cases? Are cases processed according to dates the cetner receiving them?
Any opinions are welcome. Thank you!

:eek:

sea98121,

That is a million-dollar question :) I haven't seen better explanation than saying that it is just random and that NSC is just unpredictable. It all depends on which officer is processing your application. It is unfortunate that people from 2001/2002/2003 are still waiting and applications from 2004 and 2005 are getting approved. But, on the other hand, that is what NSC is good at - doing the unexpected!

It would be interesting to see how this thread evolves..

I think they are only processing NIW and EB1 cases. I filed my case in Dec 04 and my friend also filed in a week difference in NIW from Nebraska. Both of our cases are approved. First mine was approved and he got approval email after 3 days.

Saw someone filed in May 2005 already received RFE in June 2005. I filed in May also. Nevered received a receipt notice the first time. My attorney finally called Nebraska one month later (after I remind her we haven't seen the receipt yet). We were told there was no indication that any notice was sent so they'll send another one. Finally got one at the end of June. That makes me wonder if my case was lost or got barried somewhere.. :confused: