Nd March'05 Got Interview Notice?!

SNOW WHITE

Registered Users (C)
I Heard A Case That He Filed His 485 For Asylee Status Adjustment To Chicago Office This March. And Now, He Got His Interview Notice. Is That Ture? Is That All The Asylee's Adjustment Have To Be Send To Nabreska Service Center. Or, It's Been Changed Now?

SNOW WHITE said:
I Heard A Case That He Filed His 485 For Asylee Status Adjustment To Chicago Office This March. And Now, He Got His Interview Notice. Is That Ture? Is That All The Asylee's Adjustment Have To Be Send To Nabreska Service Center. Or, It's Been Changed Now?

It is not possible (not true).

ayyubov,

I have to say it is true. I had an idiot attorney who did not know where to file I 485 so he sent it to the local office. In next two months I had FP, medical done and a letter for interview. Then we (attorney and me) went for interview, and the officer asked general questions ie what do you do, show me your letter of employment, "Oh so you go to school, nice", did you commit any crime etc... So after 15 minutes, he was ready to stamp my passport with GC, and UNFORTUNATELY he realized what kind of case I have, and said: "Well this was not supposed to be filed here, I will send it to Nebraska".

It is being 4 years from then....

But then, I "heard" many cases have been approved like this ie maybe the attorney was not an idiot:)

Nothing is impossible with USCIS, a friend was granted asylum in 2002 applied for GC in 2003, it was approved last year and did receive his plastic GC. I applied in 2003 around the same time and have not been called for FP so far even though I have called them about 10 times.

samird said:
ayyubov,

I have to say it is true. I had an idiot attorney who did not know where to file I 485 so he sent it to the local office. In next two months I had FP, medical done and a letter for interview. Then we (attorney and me) went for interview, and the officer asked general questions ie what do you do, show me your letter of employment, "Oh so you go to school, nice", did you commit any crime etc... So after 15 minutes, he was ready to stamp my passport with GC, and UNFORTUNATELY he realized what kind of case I have, and said: "Well this was not supposed to be filed here, I will send it to Nebraska".

It is being 4 years from then....

But then, I "heard" many cases have been approved like this ie maybe the attorney was not an idiot:)

It just shows how incompetent USCIS is.

SNOW WHITE said:
If that's true. why not send our application to local office again?

I had the same thoughts ... maybe new asylees could try, nothing wrong with it, you can always say: "I did know where to send it"

I tried that back in 2002, sent the package to CSC, they sent it back with a notice that I should send the application to NSC, I just lost about a month, that's all.