ND 9/8/99, RFE being generated

RamRamani

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
I spoke to an IIO yesterday (ND 9/8/99 and PD is 3/13/98 EB2). She informed me that a letter for further evidence is being generated. could any of the folks who received REF letters tell me what this possibly could be (like the most common query).
I came on F-1 visa in 1990 and changed to H-1 in feb 1994. (Boy, seems like eons ago!!). Any help would be appreciated. Also if you could throw some light on ball park estimate of the approval process time from the time RFE is generated will be helpful. I am resigned to the fact that I wont see my approval atleast until the end of 2001. Am i correct??

No Title

RFE can be anything. Most of the time for emp. letter. After RFE reply it takes few weeks/days to get approval.

Last month I posted few more postings about RFE, you may get more info.

No Title

Hi Ram,
    I thought that they may not generate anymore RFE for Aug/Sep 99 ND people. I was using your case as an example. Since you have received RFE now, I am also expecting a RFE for me in near future. Mine is ND 09/15/99. I checked mine on 02/02/01, IIO told me no RFE so far ,it is under processing and final decision not yet made. I do not know why they are taking this long to generate RFE for some people.

Wish you good luck. Thanks.

Mogaram.

No Title

After they generate an RFE it takes 1-3 weeks for them to actually mail it out. After you respond to it, they will make a decision in 2 weeks. General reasons for RFE is due to , company name change, missing/not matching birth dates/documents, employement letter, F1-H1 conversion (they want you to prove that you were never out of status) etc.,

No Title

Hi KiranHedgde2,
     Thanks for your reply. Do you know anybody who had a problem in DOB mismatch and how they handled? Since I have this problem, I am worried about getting a denial.
    Thanks

Mogaram