ND 2002 Problem

jupise

Registered Users (C)
I need some body help me.

I am divorced; I received a RFI where they request me something:

Evidence of record indicates that you were granted asylum in USA as the dependant. As you are now, you are no longer eligible to adjust your status to permanent resident as a dependant. Service guidance requires that derivative asylees who no longer who no longer qualify as a spouse or child, be processed for in their own right, “nunc pro tunc”, to the date of their original granted of asylum.

Please complete Form I-589.

I am living with my ex-wife again, but we never get married, because in our religion you get married one time. She is pregnant now. How you know she get her GC approved, but I am in this situation now. Wantmygcnow, can you help me?… I am really worried.

ND 2002
FP Jul 2004
RFI Sep 2005
BIO CODE 3 Sept 2005
LUD Change 09/20/05, 11/01/05

I am living with my ex-wife again, but we never get married, because in our religion you get married one time.

You may need to choose between your religious conviction on getting married once , the law and wife plus children. Does your religion say anything about cohabiting with your ex-wife too? Does it mention anything in regard to f#ck1ng her, make babies with her,and keeping her around for your for those purposes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting remarried (even to the same woman) won’t help you at this point since INS is AWARE you two are divorced. Go ahead and file “nunc pro tunc”. It is not complicated.
Search this forum, there were several discussions on how to do it.

Your second options would be to get remarried, wait till she gets her GC and then let her file I-130 for you as a spouse of LPR. And then wait for who knows how many months (or years) until your priority data becomes current to be eligible to file I-485.

In your current situation “nunc pro tunc” is a better and fester choice to get a green card.
Consult an immigration attorney if not sure.

I agree with Jane

This is not a very complicated situation. But it's very serious. Most likely, you'll end up with one of the two options Jane pointed out. Still I strongly suggest you to consult an immigration attorney just to make sure to do the right thing. It looks like you need to choose between your religion and your family/future, as one of the members said.

Good luck,
Hope