ND 12/2002 Case Transferred

lusiks

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,

Here is what I have:

Receipt Number: LIN0307XXXXX

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On March 8, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in ALBUQUERQUE, NM for processing. Our office in ALBUQUERQUE, NM will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.
---

I guess my question is - did anybody on this forum deal with this local office ever?

And another question - does a transer to a local office automatically mean an interview? Did anybode get an approval from a local office without an interview?

Please share your experiences.

Thanks,
L.

My condolences. The very fact of transfer means another delay. :(

NSC letter

Got my transfer confirmation letter from NSC in the mail yesterday. The text on the letter says "...to speed up the processing of your petition we have transferred your case to your local office in Albuquerque..."

So, I was actually surprised to see a reason there. Is this a standard text or did other people get other kind of explanations in their letters?

Thanks,
L.

lusiks said:
Got my transfer confirmation letter from NSC in the mail yesterday. The text on the letter says "...to speed up the processing of your petition we have transferred your case to your local office in Albuquerque..."

So, I was actually surprised to see a reason there. Is this a standard text or did other people get other kind of explanations in their letters?

Thanks,
L.

lusiks,

A relative of mine received a notice from NSC that on March 9, 2006 his file was transfered to a local office in Washington D.C. His ND is 11/2000. The Congressman office was informed by NSC to wait for two weeks before an inquiry is made to the local office.

Good luck!!!!

Juxhin

Case trsfd. to local office

Hi Juxhin,
Mine case was also trsfd. from NSC to TSC and then to Washington DC office on Dec.21, 2005. Our last update was on Jan.3, 2006 and then nothing. I tried to have infopass appointment online but no provision for that for this DC office. Last week I went to DC office in Fairfax, VA to know the local processing time but reception officer told me to come at 1:00 AM and be in line for infopass appointment scheduling. You mentioned your friend has tried throgh Congressman. Pl let me know the prcedure to contact local Congressman. God bless you and all others.
Paarey

I have an infopass apptmt at my local office next week, March 22nd.
I will post what I find out. That will be exactly 2 weeks from the transfer notice e-mail.

I guess what I was asking is if anybody else got the same text in their official letter mailed from NSC?

Thanks,
L.

Paarey said:
Hi Juxhin,
Mine case was also trsfd. from NSC to TSC and then to Washington DC office on Dec.21, 2005. Our last update was on Jan.3, 2006 and then nothing. I tried to have infopass appointment online but no provision for that for this DC office. Last week I went to DC office in Fairfax, VA to know the local processing time but reception officer told me to come at 1:00 AM and be in line for infopass appointment scheduling. You mentioned your friend has tried throgh Congressman. Pl let me know the prcedure to contact local Congressman. God bless you and all others.
Paarey

Paarey,

It's so simple to contact Congressman's office.
Do a google search about your area's Congressman and find his/her webiste.
In each Congressman's website, district offices are listed. Look for the district office that is closest to where you live and call that office. From my relative's experience, it's always good if you go in person and meet with Congressman's local respresentative. This way you put a face so they can remember you.

Good luck!

Juxhin

Infopass

Went to my infopass appt today. Lady checked the system and said that the case is still sitting in NSC' mail-room (2 weeks already) and it could take anywehere up to 6 weeks just to get the files from NSC. The good news is that the local case processing is pretty fast (15-45 days). She suggested that I check with them in couple of weeks and see if the files are received, because they do not mail out any notice when that happens.

Ironically, my friend w/ND2004 just got approved.

I would like to meet my officer at NSC and ask him how did he come up with this "brilliant" idea that transferring to a local office will "speed up" the processing if it takes them 6 weeks just to mail it out. (!!!)

Patience, patience...

L.