ND 10/99 - Just talked to an IIO

mud

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I just talked to a IIO ( lady ) and felt very frustrated with what
she said.. My details ND 10/99, EB2 RIR India FP 03/20/01.
She said they put the files on shelf for atleast 2 months after they
send FPs. They open after 2 months and then they take 4-6 weeks for
approval. Is this true ?.
I told her that previous IIO said that they would approve the moment
they receive FP clearance from FBI. But she was very rude and affirmed
her statement. I didn\'t have the mood to continue my conversation with
her.
Any thoughts on this ????

Thanks

No Title

Based on what I have experienced and what I have seen on the board, the statements made by the IIOs seem to be arbitary and do not relate to a specific case (atlease with respect to processing). So I dont think you should get worried too much about what some IIO told you regarding your case. I know it is frustrating, believe me I am waiting since Dec 1996.

Good luck.

No Title

That seems true. When the INS sent out FP notice, the FP date
usually is 40-50 days away in the future, so that is about right.

No Title

I agree with toto. Most of the cases I\'ve seen are being approved or \'RFEd\' about one month after the FPs are submitted by FBI. I know at least 5 cases where this happened
SS

No Title

But the fact is that..

They said for Sep/Oct?nov cases the processing is complete and all they are waiting for is finger prints clearence.Then why should they wait 60 days + 6 weeks for processing ??
Just a doubt ..

No Title

It usually takes about 40 days (one month to give the FP and less than a week for FBI to send it back to INS) for the whole FP process. But then if the FP is manual, it could take longer. I think that is the reason for the 60 days. The next 6 weeks is for RFE and approval I guess.
This is exactly what happened in my case. However I\'ve seen approvals on this board about two weeks after FP if there is no RFE (six weeks if RFE is sought).
10/99, RD & ND
03/01/01 FP
04/06 RFE
04/11 RFE replied.