ND 10/99 , Company name changed

user100

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Appreciate any feedback from you , ND 10/99 so far no RFE ,FP done on 9/00 and the company name changed

1- Does INS know about the company name change, if yes is my file on Hold eventhough they never send an RFE imployment letter ??

2- is it wise to call INS and ask if my file on hold cause of name change?

3- is it going to help if i apply for 140 redo and send it to INS or wait till employement letter RFE comes and then attach 140 redo with it ??

any comments appreciated

No Title

When did the company change its name? If your 140 and 485 has same name, then INS does not know about the company name change and so your case may not be on hold. You can call up INS and check your status. Do not tell them about company name change.
If they issue an rfe for an employment letter, and if it has a different name, they may ask you to redo 140.

Sneha

No Title

also my status the last time i called was " Pending", what does it mean ? only God knows

No Title

If you 140 has old name and 485 has new name, then you are likely to get a rfe to redo 140. You would be the lucky one to get approval without rfe. Having said that, it would be advisable for you to wait for rfe rather than proactive redo. When you do proactively, it goes in general queue of 140. Since your rd is close to getting approval, you can take a chance to wait.

Sneha

No Title

i\'m sorry it\'s my mistake , the 140 and 485 are the same name but old name, what i\'m thinking is to apply the 140 redo and not send it over till they ask for emplyment letter!do you think it\'s a good idea?

No Title

Hi User100,
    Since your I-140 and I-485 have the same company name, you may be fine at present. If you get an RFE for employment letter, then INS will come to know of company name change and your case will be put on hold. If you are fortunate enough not to get RFE, your I-485 will be approved without any problem.
    Regarding filing pro-active I-140, as sneha1 mentioned that it is not advisable to file now if your case is close enough to get adjudicated ( say Aug, sep, Nov 99 ND).

Good luck

No Title

I am in the same boat. My 140 and 485 are with the same name. But my attorney said that they sent a letter to INS saying, it is a mere name change without any other changes. What will happen in this case.