ND 10/00 got transfered to local office in Baltimore

macika

Registered Users (C)
EB1/EA ND October 2000 country: other

I got a notice today that my I-485 case was transfered to the Baltimore INS office "to speed processing". Can anyone tell me what I can expect now? Does this automatically mean interview? The notice says "The office will notify you of the decision made on the application" and does not mention interview specifically. Thanks for the advice.

No Title

It is not a mistake. ND is October 2000. It looks like VSC is agressively trying to clear the I-485 backlog now.

No Title

One of my friend\'s case 02/01 EB2 has been transfered to Baltimore where as he lives in different state. His company is also in the same state where he works.

No Title

I think we should establish a mechanism to track the progress at local offices. It looks like at least some local offices will be acting like the regional Service Centers. It is still unclear for me whether a tranfer notice automatically means interview, or we just simply will get the decision from, say, Baltimore, instead of VSC.

No Title

No joking. It is Feb 2001.Yet to complete FP (schedule 05/01).
It may be INS\'s mistake, he lives in different state.

No Title

Could you check if your friends laywer is located in Maryland? Thanks.

No Title

Macika and dumdum:
1. Did you receive your notice directly from INS (VSC or Baltimore?)or from your lawyer?
2. Please indicate if you have a lawyer.
3. Also please let us know if you or your lawyer are located on Maryland.

Thanks and good luck!

No Title

OS,

1. I got the notice directly from VSC, not from my lawyer.
2. I have a lawyer.
3. Both me and my lawyer are located in Maryland.

No Title

OS,

1. I have not got the notice yet. Confirmed at the news on AVM.
2. Both me and my lawyer are in Maryland.

No Title

Looks like VSC is trying to go for \'Speedy Processing\', though in a few rare cases. Still something is better than nothing. We can all hope at least.

PD:5/99, ND:1/01

No Title

I checked with INS Baltimore today personally and they told me that they have received 28 boxes from Vermont. Each box consisting of 100 applications. Mine got transfered on Feb. 15 from Vermont and received at Baltimore on mar. 17 and that time the box that contained my file was ranked 218 in the queue at Baltimore. As of today, that rank has moved up to 66!!

So they are on an average processing 20-25 boxes per day. Remember, these boxes contain all types of applications, new, EADs, APs, Family based GCs, and Employment based GC applns., etc.

Based on above processing procedure, Baltimore INS should be sending out interview notices in the last week of May to all those cases that got transfered to Baltimore on feb 15th from Vermont and received on March 17.

Hope this information helps all those in the same boat at Baltimore INS.

No Title

I-485-East,

Are you positive that all I-485 cases transfered to Baltimore will be interviewed? Will they not just be adjudicated as if they were still at VSC?

No Title

When I checked with them yesterday personally, they said your case has not yet been scheduled for interview. I guess they will interview all cases.

However, they are processing 20-25 boxes per week. so cases that got transfered to baltimore on feb 15 should see interview notices by the end of may.