ND 06/00 Got passport stamped in Newark today(07/25/01)

ak001

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,

My wife and I got our passports stamped today in Newark, NJ. We got it done using our courtesy copies. I still have not received the originals from our lawyer.

Took a total of 30 minutes from our entering the INS building and leaving after the stamping.

My details:

EB2/India
PD 01/99
RD 05/00
ND 06/00
FP 10/00
RFE 05/01
RFE received by INS 06/20/01
AD 07/17/01
Stamping: 07/25/2001.

No Title

Congratulations. Can you kindly post the stamping details like what time u got there..how many lines etc..etc..

Congratulations!

Could you please elaborate on what documents you need for stamping, and what questions they ask?

Good Luck!

passport stamping experience

We got there (Peter Rodino Building, Broad Street Newark, NJ) at exactly 8 o\'clock in the morning. There were about 4-5 people ahead of us at that time. They asked us to switch the mobile phones off. We passed through the metal detectors and went to room 136, where (there were 3 counters) they checked if we had the following:

1) Our Passports.
2) I-94 from the passport.
3) Advance Parole documents
4) EAD cards
5) 2 Immigration style photographs

We had also carried along copies of my paystubs and various other documents, none of which were needed or asked for.

In room 136, they also asked us to sign in a certain place (on a sheet of paper containing columns to be filled out) and placed the finger print of the right index finger on another part of the same paper. Took 5 minutes in total for both of us. We were given a token number and asked to go to room 135 and await our turn for the stamping.

There were about 5 functioning counters (out of the 10 or so available) and our turn came in about 15 minutes. There were about 40 people ahead of us. The Immigration Officer at the counter, stamped our passports and mentioned that our plastic cards would reach us in 3-10 months, and we were on our way out (8.26am). The stamp on the passport has a validity of one year.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.