Naturalization

its_me_73

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am applying for my citizenship from Texas. I have the following questions.

1. How long does it take for the complete naturalization process?
2. While the naturalization application is pending, can I take up a job with a foreign company in a foreign country?
3. Does frequent travel in and out of the country for short duration while the application is still pending affect the naturalization process negatively?

Thanks

its_me_73 said:
Hi,

I am applying for my citizenship from Texas. I have the following questions.

1. How long does it take for the complete naturalization process?
Depends where you file and whether you get stuck in the FBI namecheck blackhole. Could be as short as 4-5 months, or maybe much much longer.
its_me_73 said:
2. While the naturalization application is pending, can I take up a job with a foreign company in a foreign country?
>> Might be problematic. You have to be able to demonstrate intent to reside in the US and have attachment to the principles of US law & government. i.e. pay taxes etc. Whilst I'm not aware of anything that strictly bars you from working for a foreign company outside the US, it may cause USCIC officers to look harder for ways to reject your application.
its_me_73 said:
3. Does frequent travel in and out of the country for short duration while the application is still pending affect the naturalization process negatively?
No, provided you remain within the rules. i.e no absence longer than 6 months, and at least 30 months resident over the past 5 years. Of course, a pattern of long absences could trigger more investigation into your residence and employment...
its_me_73 said: