Naturalization Name Change Future Problems

andrews

I will be elegible to apply for Naturalization next month and would really like to change my name. But , I am very concerned about future problems while traveling to my home country or to the other many countries I have been before. Will I need to carry my naturalization certificate at all times as a proof to my name change? What do you guys think about changing one's name? Thanks a lot.
I will be applying under the 5 years rule, (90 days before the 5 year anniversary as per application instructions):confused:

Will I need to carry my naturalization certificate at all times as a proof to my name change?

No need since you'll be carrying your US passport and it'll have your new name in it. Obviously you'll need to "fix" all your utilities, bank details and other housekeeping stuff after the name change, but those are all one-time challenges.

90 days before 5 years of continuous residency

I have a question! Very silly , but still a question:confused: , USCIS is driving me crazy, I am a permanent resident since 06/12/2002 as per my green card resident since date, If I mailed my application signed as of 03/16/07, will I be ok for the 90 days rule? thanks ! somebody once said no question is a silly question, let's wait for the answers:eek:

Hello,

The 16 is within the 90 days, so it should be ok. You might want to add a couple of days more to be on the safe side.

My 2 cents.