Naturalization for children

Parsi

Registered Users (C)
I have just received my certificate of naturalization and applied and received my US passport. Can I apply for a US passport to my son at the first place or do I need to apply for certificate of naturalization for my child first especially he is planning to be out of the country at Christmas time? BTW my son holds 2 nationalities (one from each of his parents!) and he is 11 years old. Any documents that I need to prepare for?
Many thanks for your support.

Just get a US passport for him. If you have another $460 to spare, you can also get a certificate of citizenship for the him by filing N-600.

I have just received my certificate of naturalization and applied and received my US passport. Can I apply for a US passport to my son at the first place or do I need to apply for certificate of naturalization for my child first especially he is planning to be out of the country at Christmas time? BTW my son holds 2 nationalities (one from each of his parents!) and he is 11 years old. Any documents that I need to prepare for?
Many thanks for your support.
He automatically became a US citizen when you naturalized and must use a US passport when reentering the US. Apply for his passport now, then deal with the certificate (which is optional) after he returns.

Is there any reason why you should file for N-600? is passport enough?
The N-600 is optional, but is a useful backup for when the passport gets lost or expires, especially if there is any delay/backlog in renewing the passport (like there have been on some occasions in recent years); the certificate does not expire, but passports do.