naturalization certificate not returned to me?

dengdeng

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I sent my original naturalization certiface for my passport last month. Today I received my passport, but my naturalization certificate is not returned to me. What should I do?

Thanks!

They return the passport and naturalization certificate separately to preserve some measure of redundancy for you in case one of them gets lost, misdelivered, etc.
I don't think that is the reason at all. I think they just do it (sometimes) so that they can separate the processing and passport production operations. According to the insert that comes with the passport, passport cards will always be sent separately of anything else whereas passport books and supporting documents may or may not be separate. Therefore, you can get between one and three shipments depending on what you requested and how they handle it.

I don't think that is the reason at all. I think they just do it (sometimes) so that they can separate the processing and passport production operations. According to the insert that comes with the passport, passport cards will always be sent separately of anything else whereas passport books and supporting documents may or may not be separate. Therefore, you can get between one and three shipments depending on what you requested and how they handle it.

I removed my previous post. If I can find the appropriate State Department passport processing information where I originally learned about that reason, I will post it back here.

dengdeng, my bet is you have already got the certificate back, haven't you? It's quite normal to get the certificate back a few days or weeks after the passport, nothing to worry about, unless it takes more than a month to show up.

Any update on your status, I received my PP and NC on the same day
from which state did you apply for passport? looks like it took almost five weeks for you .... i am in the same boat still waiting ....

I applied from Delaware (apparently it was going to sent to philadelphia agency)

citizenship certificate not being returned with passport

I mailed my original citizenship paperwork with my passport application as required. I received my passport approximently 1- month ago however I never received my citizenship certificate back. Who do I contact to follow-up on this?

Thank you.