National Interest Waiver - Pre-requisites

KrisDeagle

Hey guys,

I am currently planning out how to become a US citizen one day so I can work for one of the following law enforcement agencies (not sure which one I want to get into as of yet):

Federal Bureau of Investigation
Drug Enforcement Administration
Central Intelligence Agency
National Security Agency
Secret Service

I plan to get my Bachelor in Criminology and Criminal Justice, then my Master in Criminology and Criminal Justice and then a Doctorate in Criminal Justice. In that time, I plan to gain employment for my local police force and work for them whilst gaining these degrees.

I want to know, if I go down this pathway, is there any ore-requisites to get the EB2. Do I need to hold a work visa first or can I just apply directly for the EB2? Am I better off waiting to get my Doctorate completed before applying?

Basically, I want to get it as soon as possible as there are cut off age points to these agencies.

The plan I had went as follows (you may tell me if it will work or not):

Work for my local police force whilst earning my Bachelor's.
Once I receive my Bachelor's, I will start my application process (as I know it can take a long time) and continue work for the police.
Get my EB2 and Master's, work for the New Orleans Police Department and work on getting my Doctorate.
Get my Doctorate and after 5 years of residency, apply for citizenship.

Now, I have no clue if this plan will work the way I want but if anyone can give me some guidance on how I might reach my goals, that would be much appreciated.

Kris

EDIT: In that time, I could also apply for the Lottery, hopefully make the process a lot quicker.

Last edited by a moderator: