Name Question!!!!!

maryam82

Registered Users (C)
hi,

I just sent in my N-400 last week. I had a question. One of the questions on the application says: Have you ever used any other name?

Ever since I came to America 20 years ago, I have not used any other name but my last name.. BUT my passport has a second last name on it. I have not technically used it though..although i have used my passport which can be looked at as using that last name. What should I do?????

I already sent in the application so I am NOT sure at all what to do. can someone pleeease advise me on what to do next??? thanks!

Just let the Immigration Officer know that you need to make a change and add your last name to the "used other names" section. I had to make a similar change during my Interview so it's not a problem.

The IO will make the necessary changes at Interview time...so don't worry. You still have time to make changes.

But is not the name check ordered before the interview? So how would that work? I guess they may need to do another name check after the interview?

happigal said:
Just let the Immigration Officer know that you need to make a change and add your last name to the "used other names" section. I had to make a similar change during my Interview so it's not a problem.

The IO will make the necessary changes at Interview time...so don't worry. You still have time to make changes.

Carry with you the corresponding page(s) from the N-400 application showing your other name. If you choose to, you can hand the updated page(s) to the IO during your interview. I have read on this forum that folks sometimes hand their updated N-400 page(s) to the IO during interview. Just a suggestion.

happigal, can you please check your pm? Thanks.

Regards.

Sammy

Hi brb2....usually, the name check will check for all names including ones that you don't use. For example, I only use my married last name but when they did my name check, they had checked it against my other names used as well (ie. maiden name)....although I mistakenly left it out of the N400 form.

I informed the IO of this mistake and he corrected it but he said that everything is completed and there's nothing else that needed done or is in pending state.