Name for Citizenship

CZ2007

I have a question regarding my citizenship application.

1) When I applied my GC, I put some others name ever used, which actually just nick names people used to call me, but never actually used offcially. Now I'm applying my citizenship, should I put those name again? Coz I put there before. Is that going to cause any name check delay?

Thanks for the answers.

For your N-400 application, you do not have any option but to indeed provide the names used previously in the GC process. It became 'Official' the day you provided it with you GC application and that's all that matters. USCIS does not care if people were using it or not, to them that name already has been associated with you.

You should worry more if you do not provide the previously used name (it would be withholding information) than the NC delays.

Strictly speaking, the application for GC and N-400 have nonidentical questions about "other names". Let's compare:
Application for immigrant visa and alien registration: "Other names used or by which known."
N-400: "If you have used other names provide them below."
Hope you see the difference: OTHER NAMES BY WHICH KNOWN. This is much more broader notion than "other names used." For instance, you may be known to other people by different names merely because they cannot pronounce your true name correctly. Another possible case is when the grammar of some foreign language requires a transliteration different from the English spelling. N-400 asks only about names you (and only you!) ever actually used to identify yourself. So, why should one care about all nicknames invented for him by others and probably without his knowledge and consent?
My personal exerience: when I applied for GC, I mentioned French transliteration of my name because I knew that the French spell it differently and I knew how. After all, this is their inalienable right. Theoretically, I was not obliged to mention that French version of my name, because it was a complete fluke that I happened to learn some French once in my undergraduate years, so I was able to read. Indeed, there are as many possible transliterations of the same name as there are many languages. However I am not obliged to know all foreign languages and monitor how those guys modify my name. So when I applied for citizenship, I did not mention the French transliteration, especially as I never used it officially (and inofficially) myself.