Name checking stuck, please help! thanks!

wxm146

Registered Users (C)
Hi, friends,

Please help and give some advice.

I had H1B, married a US citizen last year. filed 130, 131, 485, 765 on Aug. 14th, 2005. we had the interview and the approval on march 23rd, 2006. since then, nothing has happened. I called NSC several times. every time, they told me they would send a request for my case status. I personally went to the USCIS office three times. first two times, they told me nothing else but to wait. today, Nov, 21st at my third visit, the agent told me my name check by FBI is not cleared yet and I have to wait.

It has been more than one year three months since I filed the case. what should I do now? wait forever? Is there anything I can do to expedite this process. I have seen many people here who filed cases much later than I but got approved.

Please give me some advice on what I should do next. Thanks very much.

The next step would be to contact your local Congressman or Senator for assistance with your case.

Sue USCIS

wxm146 said:
Hi, friends,

Please help and give some advice.

I had H1B, married a US citizen last year. filed 130, 131, 485, 765 on Aug. 14th, 2005. we had the interview and the approval on march 23rd, 2006. since then, nothing has happened. I called NSC several times. every time, they told me they would send a request for my case status. I personally went to the USCIS office three times. first two times, they told me nothing else but to wait. today, Nov, 21st at my third visit, the agent told me my name check by FBI is not cleared yet and I have to wait.

It has been more than one year three months since I filed the case. what should I do now? wait forever? Is there anything I can do to expedite this process. I have seen many people here who filed cases much later than I but got approved.

Please give me some advice on what I should do next. Thanks very much.

Hi,

I will strongly advise you to sue USCIS, because 120 days have passed since the initial examination. So, USCIS statutes gives you a relief through filing a lawsuit in your local district court. :rolleyes:

From March 23, 2006 to this day, it is the 243 days since your examination. On July 21st, 2006, you should have filed a lawsuit on this date, but it is never too late. WHen you file this lawsuit, USCIS will put heat on FBI to clear your name as soon as possible, so that you can have your case and green card in hand. :D

Good luck... :(
Al

thanks, guys.

I will try to contact FBI, my interviewing officer in usics, congressman and senator to show I want to try to solve this in good faith. after everything else fails, I guess suing is the only way to go. If any of you have more ideas, please let me know.
I will keep you all posted with any progress.
thanks a bunch again.