Name Check

senaar

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

I am new to this forum. I am looking for your help and suggestion regarding my I-485 case.

My Priority date: Aug 11 2001

Type: EB3

I 140 Approved.(Dec 16 2004)
I 485 Filed on (April 2004)

My priority date was current i believe 1 year back and at that time my name check was not cleared.

Now my priority date is not current. However atleast i want to check whether my Name check is cleared or not.

Please share your experience. Is there any way through which i can check my name check status.

Thank you very much!
senaar

Last edited by a moderator:
How to check if your name check is cleared or not

This question gets asked so many times. Here is what I did

1. Took an infopass appointment to local USCIS center. Asked the officer if the security check (i.e. name check) was cleared, explicitly. If the officer is nice (and most often they are), he/she will tell you.

2. Called USCIS customer service number. They won't tell you on phone, but if your application is pending beyond the processing time frame mentioned on your notice (for example, for I-485 my notice says 365 to 730 days), they will open an inquiry for you. In a few weeks you will receive a letter from USCIS explaining why your case is still pending. In my case, the letter clearly stated that security check is pending.

3. Some people have found out whether their namecheck is pending or not by contacting the local congress-person or the state senator and by having them directly contact either the FBI or the USCIS. The congress-person or senator will generally agree to only find out the status of your namecheck with FBI, they don't do anything to expedite the process.

4. Lastly, for california service center, there is an email address available for the division that processes employment based I-485 applications. The email address (i do not know how people got it, because it's not publically available anywhere on USCIS website). Emails to this address CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov are generally responded to by a public relations officer within 2-3 weeks or so. They will tell you if you application is waiting for the security/background/name check.

Hi extrainer,
Can you please tell me what do I need to put in the email regarding the status of Name check.
Mine is from CSC

Thanks

Generally you case# and date of birth with your question should suffice. Hope this helps.

Name check question

Dear Friends

I send an email to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov and i got the reply from them after 10days saying that there is no Visa Numbers available at this time.

In my email i explicitly asked whether my name check is cleared or not? But they din;t reply anything clearly. Just mentioned there is no visa numbers available at this time.

So it means that my name check is cleared or not?

Also i send an 2nd email asking whether my name check is cleared or not. 2nd time i got the regular standard reply

The California Service Center (CSC) does not accept inquiries from the general public via email. All inquiries must be submitted to the National Customer Service Center by calling 1-800-375-5283. The National Customer Service Center will route your inquiry to the appropriate USCIS District Office or Service Center, and will track your inquiry to a final resolution. If you've received a transfer notice regarding your case please inform the National Customer Service Center at the time you submit your inquiry.

Please share your experience.

senaar said:
Dear Friends

I send an email to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov and i got the reply from them after 10days saying that there is no Visa Numbers available at this time.

In my email i explicitly asked whether my name check is cleared or not? But they din;t reply anything clearly. Just mentioned there is no visa numbers available at this time.

So it means that my name check is cleared or not?

Also i send an 2nd email asking whether my name check is cleared or not. 2nd time i got the regular standard reply

The California Service Center (CSC) does not accept inquiries from the general public via email. All inquiries must be submitted to the National Customer Service Center by calling 1-800-375-5283. The National Customer Service Center will route your inquiry to the appropriate USCIS District Office or Service Center, and will track your inquiry to a final resolution. If you've received a transfer notice regarding your case please inform the National Customer Service Center at the time you submit your inquiry.

Please share your experience.

CSC stopped responding to this email CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov.
Most likely from your first email i think your Name check is clear (Since you got visa numbers not available reply). You can confirm either through Infopass or calling customer service and initiate your inquiry.

I-485 Question

Dear Friends,

My I-485 was pending for the last 2 yrs. And my Priority date is current now for EB3 as per the new visa bullitein for June 2007.

I recently got the automated email from the INS. Can you please share your experience.

The message below is

we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you.

Appreciate your help
Thanks
senaar