Name check stuck in USCIS HQ?

san_GC

Registered Users (C)
I had received email from David Hardy back in March 2005 from FBI Name check group that my name was cleared by FBI in November 3, 2003 and sent to USCIS HQ in D.C.

Today I was told by immigration ofifce that that background my check is stil pending :confused: . The guys who have recevied email from FBI should doubel check rather than living in fools paradise like I did.,....

This can be of 2 reasons -

my Name check expired and was resent to FBI, is there a vaildaiity time similar to Finger Prints 15 months?

or my name check information was sent to USICIS HQ but never made into to USCIS databasase.

what are my options?

I think your NC was cleared indeed

san_GC said:
I had received email from David Hardy back in March 2005 from FBI Name check group that my name was cleared by FBI in November 3, 2003 and sent to USCIS HQ in D.C.

Today I was told by immigration ofifce that that background my check is stil pending :confused: . The guys who have recevied email from FBI should doubel check rather than living in fools paradise like I did.,....

This can be of 2 reasons -

my Name check expired and was resent to FBI, is there a vaildaiity time similar to Finger Prints 15 months?

or my name check information was sent to USICIS HQ but never made into to USCIS databasase.

what are my options?
I was in similar situation. One congressman called me on 9/15/05 that my name check was cleared and sent to FBI Headquarter; 2 weeks later, another congressman sent me a letter, clearly stating that my name check was cleared by FBI, AND has already in USCIS's system per congressman liason, but the visa numbers were not available. Then 1 month later, USCIS replied my lawyer's inquiry that my case is pending on FBI NC.

I believe USCIS does a shitty job replying case status. They either have a bad system, or bad work attitude, they don't care about the accuracy of their status search...

I would suggest you contact your local congressman again, and let him/her contact USCIS. You will get better/accurate status on your case.

Good luck.

I am in the same boat. My NC was completed in Feb 05..recently got confirmation to this effect from FBI through Senator's office. However, per USCIS my apps are pending security review. I think USCIS does its own piece of review other than NC and FP