name check result

lulx-co

Registered Users (C)
I received an email from fbi saying that my name check has been completed Sept 30 2004, and the result has been forwarded to USCIS. Does it mean I passed the name check? Thanks for your insight in advance.

lulx-co said:
I received an email from fbi saying that my name check has been completed Sept 30 2004, and the result has been forwarded to USCIS. Does it mean I passed the name check? Thanks for your insight in advance.

This means exactly what is says, that results have been forwarded to USCIS. This means your your name check is done :D . As far as pass and fail goes, you pass if you have a clean record and you fail if you had a history of arrest or other negative info. But you do not have to worry about name check stuck situation now !

I think name check is not about criminal history

I think that FBI checks finger print from criminal history while name check is to do with "national security" (whatever that means)

wildthing said:
I think that FBI checks finger print from criminal history while name check is to do with "national security" (whatever that means)
Namecheck can involve criminal history as well.

The information in the FBI name index file comes from many sources -- criminal records is one of them.
No one really knows details of all the sources - for obvious reasons ;)

Hi Max2k1

Hi Max2K1,

Can you please guide me on how to initiate the process to know whether name check was completed or not.

1. FBI email id ?
2. Any sample letter ?

I want to try out sending email to FBI before approaching the senators.

Thanks in advance.....

PD:March'02 EB2
RD :April'04
FP : June'04
Biometrics : June'05

sunny27 said:
Hi Max2K1,

Can you please guide me on how to initiate the process to know whether name check was completed or not.

1. FBI email id ?
2. Any sample letter ?

I want to try out sending email to FBI before approaching the senators.

Thanks in advance.....

PD:March'02 EB2
RD :April'04
FP : June'04
Biometrics : June'05

My advice is directly go o senator/congressman in addition to sending email to fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov which takes 6 months to get reply.

In your case since the official NSC processing dates are way behind your case ND, its unlikely that the Congressman's office would assist you.
Plus they are more worried about long time waiters -- like >2 yrs or so.

You can definitely try your luck :)

Of course, send the FBI mail and wait for 5 months or so !!