Name Check pending since Dec 2003

shanmanz

Registered Users (C)
FBI responded that my name check is pending since Dec 2003. How to proceed from here??

Please Advise :confused:

I assume you received FBI response to your e-mail requesting status of your name-check. Did you send that e-mail in January 2005?

My understanding is when FBI is answering status request e-mails they are making some efforts to clear your name and respond to USCIS. A lot of pending cases are getting resolved at this stage. However, if your case require more thorough "manual" check - they will respond to you that it is still pending.

I would consider sending status request e-mails to FBI every two months (proactively) in order to keep them focused :) on resolving your case.
If you get too desparate - initiate Writ of Mandamus lawsuite against USCIS in your district court and USCIS will send an expedite request for your name check at FBI. You might also try to talk to your congressman to contact FBI, but they normally do not go past the simple inquiry.

shanmanz, would you please share when you sent the email and when you got response from FBI? Thanks a lot.

since aug 2003

mine is pending since aug 2003. my friend's case is pending since aug 2002. not sure what can be done.