Name Check Pending & Infopass

WAITeternity

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus:

(1) What is the URL for getting infopass appointmets?
(2) Could we take infopass even if we are in the 6 month window after getting a response from USCIS about name check pending?
(3) Could we use PO box address as our mailing address for our 485 applications so that we do not have to change the address repeatedly if we move?

Thanks,

waitETERNITY

WAITeternity said:
(1) What is the URL for getting infopass appointmets?
you had better learn the official USCIS website:
http://infopass.uscis.gov/

(2) Could we take infopass even if we are in the 6 month window after getting a response from USCIS about name check pending?
you can take infopass any time
(3) Could we use PO box address as our mailing address for our 485 applications so that we do not have to change the address repeatedly if we move?
what do you think? I get the feeling they are very interested where YOU live and not where you collect your mail....

I dont think PO box would be a good idea, though some people have done and suggested it.
I changed my address and faced some issues due to it. But you have to stay active and find out if anything has issued to your address. FP notice, RFE, etc... ALso all corresspondence go to the lawyer also.
Also consider USPS. They forward address free for 6 months, then you can pay a nominal fee per month to have it continued forward. So that would resolve your issues as long as your mail gets forwarded, better than getting bounced and going back to USCIS and then they resent the post again to new address.

Usually they don't forward USCIS mail because USCIS specifically requests mail to be returned and nor forwarded - even if there is a forward address, Makes no sense - but that's what it is. Maybe one can try to find a place like www.mbe.com that you hire to forward mail. I heard some may even have addresses in real street format (unlike P.O.).

yoginm73 said:
Also consider USPS. They forward address free for 6 months, then you can pay a nominal fee per month to have it continued forward. So that would resolve your issues as long as your mail gets forwarded, better than getting bounced and going back to USCIS and then they resent the post again to new address.